Monday, June 8, 2009

CAN'T HEAR NOTHING BUT THE MUSIC PT 6


Here we are in the month of june and Federer finally did it, he finally won his Roland -Garros!!! Someone write him a song. Lil Wayne did just that for Kobe Bryant. Plus, it looks like Kobe's gonna get his 4th ring. The Lakers are up 2-0 vs The Magic after beating them in overtime last night. (Also, check out Spike Lee's documentary I posted a couple of weeks ago called "Kobe doing Work"). Musically, I went down memory lane with DJ Soul last week. he did a great mix of Big L's best freestyles and verses. I also listened to some of the greatest "posse cuts" ever. (Marly Marl's Symphony, Wu-Tang's Protect your neck, EPMD's Headbanger, The Flava in ya Ear and LL Cool J's I shot Ya remixes). We're gonna do some specials on Downtown Boogie before the summer so be on the look out for that. I also got a link to new Mos Def album from Universal Music that I'm a check out today (shout out to Gaëtan) but basically, It's all about the new Jay Z track called "Death of the Autotune" (Also, check out yesterday's post for track and original sample).

Enjoy this weeks playlist:

Death of the Autotune - Jay-Z
When the money Goes pt2 - Fabolous feat. Jay-Z
Bitch Baby - Sa-Ra Creative Partners
Chemical Warfare (Eminem's verse) - The Alchemist
History - Mos Def feat. Talib Kweli
Do it Again - T.I. feat. Mary J. Blige
I'm Goin' in - Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy & Drake
Harbor Masters - Ghostface, AZ & Inspectah Deck
Bête de Bombe 4 - Disiz
Shots - LMFAO feat Lil Jon