Monday, June 1, 2009

CAN'T HEAR NOTHING BUT THE MUSIC PT 5


Last week went by so quick! I didn't listen to alot of new music to tell you the truth. I was way too busy getting back into shape playing Baseball with my old Lausanne Indians team (we got the European Cup coming up in Mid June). When I wasn't taking batting practice and doing calestetics I was watching Champion's League Soccer and NBA playoffs, betting (and loosing) on Manchester UTD. I did get a chance to download the new Straight Sound Never Done reggae Mix I wanna share with you, perfect for the upcoming sunshine. Here's a list of 10 great tracks about the Big Apple (I might have to do a list for every borough cause there's way too many):

New York City - Gil Scot-Heron
New York, New York - Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five (I'll trade it in for The Message)
The place where we dwell - Gangstarr
Down in New York City - Evidence
NY State of Mind - Nas
Streets of New York - Kool G Rap
Welcome to New York City - Cam'Ron feat Jay Z
New York, New York - Ja Rule feat Fat Joe & Jadakiss
New York (Ya out there) - Rakim
New York Shit - Busta Rhymes feat Swizz Beatz