Monday, May 18, 2009

CAN'T HEAR NOTHING BUT THE MUSIC PT 3


I will start by saying that I’m about to go buy my homie Nostra’s album today!!! Now what else have I been listening to these last couple of days?.....ohh yeah, I got a fat package from Universal last week with some new releases; Meth & Red’s Blackout2! album is ok, (and for those of you who have been following the whole Joe Budden vs Method Man "beef" thing, I do believe that today, on the lyricist tip, Joe get’s the w on this one. When it comes to stage performance and Charisma Tical is superdope but line for line emotional lyrics today, Buddens is insane wit it, sorry Mef). I’m somehow "kinda" disappointed in Busta’s album, I don’t know why, I guess I just expected more. I'm a have to listen to it again and hopefully I'll change my mind. Em’s Relapse is entertaining, beats are ok, not great, I said ok. That Bagpipes track is dooope... Technically and lyrically Em is still a monster on every song even with the weird voice. (and, isn't it very weird seeing Kon Artist as Em’ hype man for the live performances? Proof RIP). click here and juge for yourself... Besides "Maybach Music 2" and that "Usual Suspects" track with Nas, I can’t listen to Rick Ross no more. That whole thing with him wearing FAKE Louis Vutton shades on the cover of XXL was the very last straw on my camel’s back. I do however, Still get a kick out of that Lonely Island “I’m on a Boat” track (you know the one where T Pain f*cked a mermaid – LOL). I still got Oxmo in my kitchen stereo every night. I just heard a dope track called “Tears of Fire” from Charles Hamilton feat Crooked I last night which is dope even though it's just a myspace rip I got from 2dopeboys. I’ve also been listening to a lot of Subdelux lately. We’ve been in the studio working on new material, recording, mixing… we just mastered the Rockstar joint too this weekend (video coming soon). New week, new list, enjoy:

Jadakiss – Things I’ve been through
Bang Along – The Game
Man of the Year – Drake feat Lil Wayne
The Best - Lil Wayne, Kanye West, T.I & Jay-Z
Fix my Hat – Lil Wayne
Dopeman – Kool G Rap feat. Lil Wayne & Pusha T
Pennies (Remix) – The Cool Kids feat Ludacris & Bun B
Errbody Scream – Method Man & Redman feat. Keith Murray
Busta Rhymes – Shoot for the moon
Night Life - Joe Tann feat The Clipse