Sunday, April 19, 2009

SUNDAY MORNING COMING DOWN

Now why would I put this up on my page you might ask... well, basically, I woke up with a huge hangover from a ruff saturday night so this song is perfect for today! I was reading the new Rolling Stone magazine in the train on my way back from Zurich this morning. After finishing the piece on Lil Wayne, I somehow end up reading this great article written by Ethan Hawke about Kris Kristofferson (one of america's best songwriters ever). Anyways, they say this is the best song about a hangover ever written. So here it is. Johnny Cash went on to record his own version in 1970 which launched Kristofferson's career (Kris came right into the control room at Colombia Records sweeping up and slipped his tape to June, who gave it to Johnny Cash) This is his original version, slower with a better melancholic feel to it... check the link to the RS article below...




read article